Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kuih Kapit aka Love Letter...

Chinese New Year is in about 2 weeks time but my holiday mood had aredy started..
Since i have no classes on tues for this semester, mom and i decided to make some homemade snacks for CNY...
As usual... kuih kapit...
Yeh!! my family's fav... and my aunt's recipes...
60 eggs + 2 packets of 1kg sugar + flour + grated old coconuts...
and... here we go....


60 eggs...



Sugars...







The mixing process.. i love the effect *wink*


The grated old c-o-c-o-n-u-t...


Thickest coconut milk aka santan...


The charcoal burning... started by me.. but failed... =.="


Let the "Professionals" to handle it, my mom and sis...
Spot my Nini... *teheeeeeee*


Look at my cuttie pie... *wink*


The modern love letter making - standing style..
To avoid leg cramping - from last year's experience.. *ceeehhhhh*

We are serious..... *tisk tisk tisk*


Look!! Look how "serious" is Kenneth...


Lipat satu... Makan dua... >.<

Fast boy.. faster!!


Look at our faces... burning hot!!!


We started at about 1pm and ended at around 11pm...
After 10 hours of hard works and sweats *ahem*
and with the help of my 2 aunties..
Ya! and also Aunty Florence, my lovely neighbour - She can fold kuih kapit without gloves!! *salute*...
We finally ended with 26 tins of Kuih Kapit.. Yeeehhh!!!
And the next day, 6 tins gone.. told you.. We Are Kuih Kapit Lovers!!
And next.. mom wana make arrowhead.. HEAVEN!! I LOVE CNY! *wink*

No comments: